MAPIC Cannes 2016: Harnessing Big Data & Online-to-Offline Strategies
MAPIC, the International Retail Property Market, organized by Reed MIDEM will be hosted in Cannes from 16-18 November and will unite property owners, retailers, property management professionals, airport authorities, e-tailers, food and beverage companies, architects and real estate developers.
Along with MIPIM that occurs in March each year and is another significant property trade show where luxury yacht charter is highly desirable, MAPIC welcomes small upcoming brands through to established names who come to Cannes to forge partnerships, present innovative retail concepts, see trends and stay one step ahead with the next generation of tech and digital solutions.
Bespoke Yacht Charter are familiar with all aspects of luxury yacht charter during Cannes events and are happy to provide expert guidance about booking your perfect yacht. Please read and share our MAPIC Cannes guide below:
MAPIC in numbers
8000 attendees from 74 countries
2000 retailers such as Adidas, Deliveroo, Dolce & Gabbana, iceRoll, Starbucks, LMVH Group, L’Occitane en Provence, Ralph Lauren, Sephora
239 stands from 35 countries
25+ conferences and 200+ speakers
34% brokers, architects, franchise partners, cities, solution providers
25% retailers & brands
What to Expect at MAPIC Cannes 2016
For 2016, there will be a strong focus on insights into consumer behavior and shopper analytics. Big talking points will be the ‘predictive factor’ to localize experiences for customers, experiential design and build being part of the retail experience and the synergy between mobile purchasing and brand strategy on social media. Retailers are valuing that today’s consumer is adaptable, interested in social responsibility and the authenticity of storytelling and they can share their preferred options online.
MAPIC Cannes Conference sessions will cover 4 key topics with speakers giving their advice on trends, opportunities and strategies:
- O2O (Online-to-Offline) & Innovation with sessions about millennials, data and phygital
- Following the Trends with 8 sessions including topics for travel retail and luxury/prestige retail
- Shopping the World with 25+ sessions including international case studies from UK, the Russian Federation and North Africa
- Retailtainment focusing on leisure and retail with great conferences including how the 5 senses can be used to win over consumers, retail play zones and the power of photos in retailtainment (photo booths, selfies etc)
Harnessing the value of Big Data will be vitally important for the future, whereby companies will need to customize the consumer journey and we are already seeing real-world examples in travel retail (such as airport transit areas where beacon transmitters send out discounts to passengers) and food and beverage outlets (self-service ordering devices).
New this year at MAPIC Cannes will be the launch of ‘Trends Hub’, a 1000m2 exhibition, pitching and conference zone with experts who will present talks and keynotes ranging from how to promote points-of-sale, to business development for Pop-up stores. The ‘Trends Hub’ will be split into key areas that will focus on the trends and impacts of O2O (Online-to-Offline) retail and opportunities for business development:
- The Innovation Forum will showcase tech and solutions that raise the attractiveness and value of retail space, alongside online initiatives that can draw customers to offline stores. Don’t miss the Start Up Lounge where startups will pitch their concepts; we’re predicting big things from the startups presenting innovations in virtual reality and cashless payments
- Retailtainment will demonstrate global trends and future projects that highlight the importance of entertainment to the shopping experience such as playgrounds, themed environments and games
- Specialty Leasing will showcase 32 brands and highlight the power of Pop-Up Stores and the changing dynamics whereby today’s consumer adapts to new trends or purchasing spaces
Our yacht charter clients return to MAPIC because it is a great forum for international partnerships as the ideas and innovation vary greatly – the UK has a strong integration already of digital solutions (especially at shopping centres) so it will be interesting to see how that filters across design and trends in other regions and countries.
Tuesday 15 November at 7.30pm: Opening Night Cocktail at the Majestic Hotel
Thursday 17 November at 7.30pm: MAPIC Awards Gala Dinner at the Salon des Ambassadeurs at the Palais des Festivals
Thursday 17 November from 11pm: The big MAPIC Party at the Salon des Ambassadeurs at the Palais des Festivals
Women’s Networking Cocktail – a closed door event, to be part of it send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bespoke Yacht Charter’s MAPIC Tips
- Retailers attending the show can benefit from an Earlybird registration rate until 14 November of €995 (from 15 November the rate is €1495)
- MAPIC Cannes attendees are entitled to airfare discounts with Air France/KLM Global Meetings. Click here to see the MAPIC Cannes Airfare Rates & Terms. You must quote the preferential discount code 27062AF and retain a copy of the pdf as verification of your discount. Disclaimer: Bespoke Yacht Charter is in no way a booking agent, intermediary or mediatory for the official MAPIC airfares and any enquiries, flight changes or cancellations should be made directly with Air France/KLM Global Meetings.
- MAPIC Cannes attendees can present their badge at Nice Cote d’Azur Airport to receive a 10% discount in Nice airport retail stores.
- MAPIC Cannes attendees have a whole range of exclusive offers for products and services available to them in Cannes and surrounds via a partnership with Cannes-I-Get and Reed MIDEM. The offers range from discounted spa and massage treatments, to meal deals, gift shopping discounts and reduced green fees for golf! See all the offers here: www.mapic.com/practical-information/cannes-offers/
- MAPIC welcomes around 8000 attendees – cut the small talk down and network by using the MAPIC Online Database which you can access after you register for MAPIC Cannes. It is user-friendly, has a calendar function for scheduling meetings and looks similar to LinkedIn whereby you add your profile and have the ability to send messages to MAPIC Cannes attendees.
- First time at MAPIC Cannes? Head to the Welcome Meeting on 16 November from 8.30am-9.15am in the Verriere Grand Auditorium, or the Newcomers Corner in Palais -1.
- Access free Wifi onsite – to connect one device at a time, go on the network “Palais des Festivals WiFi” then enter the numbers after @ on your badge which is your PASSWORD. There are also email points and Plug & Play within the Business Centre, as well as mobile phone and 3G+ Datacard rental.
- The MAPIC participant registration is non-refundable. However, if you can’t attend or your plans change it can be transferred to another person within the same company and office, for a 50€ (+ VAT) transfer fee per registration.
MAPIC website: www.mapic.com
Official Twitter feed: @MAPICWorld
Official Facebook page: www.facebook.com/MAPIC.Official
This article was written by Rebecca Whitlocke on behalf of Bespoke Yacht Charter. Photos courtesy of Reed Midem.
To discuss your Cannes event luxury yacht charter requirements, please contact:Bespoke Yacht Charter also provide luxury yacht charters for MIPTV, Cannes Film Festival, Cannes Lions, MIDEM, MIPCOM, TFWA and MAPIC.
Read more in Planning The Perfect Event Charter in Cannes