Yacht Weddings: Tips For Making ‘I DO’ Plain Sailing
Imagine celebrating your wedding on your own private luxury yacht charter decorated with flowers as your guests sip champagne as you cruise the Mediterranean. Sound perfect?
From a small intimate ceremony to a bigger reception party, Bespoke Yacht Charter would love to use our expertise to fine-tune the details to make your wedding on board special and memorable.
If you’re searching for tips about getting married on a luxury yacht you’ve come to the right place – we hope you find our article invaluable and we’re readily available for any yacht weddings in St Tropez, Cannes, Monaco and the wider Mediterranean region.
Getting married on a luxury yacht charter
Today’s luxury yachts are built with high quality finishes and fittings, and combined with full service crew and exceptional cuisine you can relax knowing the attention to detail on board will be superior.
Bespoke Yacht Charter have access to a range of luxury yachts that are perfect for ensuring the best day of your life runs smoothly.
Benefits of hosting a wedding on a yacht:
- Adaptability for guest numbers – we can provide yacht options from 25–100 metres to fit with your guest list.
- A complete venue for the ceremony and reception.
- Five-star cuisine and tailored wedding menus to your preferences.
- Yacht crew with impeccable service standards.
- Flexibility with location – cruise the coastline, anchor in sheltered harbours.
- Pre or post-wedding accommodation on board.
- A memorable venue and experience for your guests.
*Most yachts are only legally allowed to cruise with a maximum of 12 guests on board but Bespoke Yacht Charter have a selection of yachts available to charter for groups of up to 100 people at sea.
The 3 most crucial steps for wedding planning on a yacht
- The first step should be determining what constitutes a legal marriage in your country of residence.
- Secondly, it’s crucial to research the legalities of marriage in the country where you will charter the yacht (the country you choose to marry in), especially if one or both of the couple is non-resident. This includes paperwork required, time frames and the procedure for marrying.
For example, in France you must have a civil ceremony at the Mairie (Town Hall) first, after which you can have a religious or secular ceremony anywhere you choose. Paperwork must be translated for non-French issued documents.
- Finally, combine the rules from both steps above to ensure whatever you plan meets all legal requirements.
Consult your yacht charter broker
Choosing a yacht that suits your needs for your wedding can be daunting and a challenge for the unexperienced, so we strongly recommend consulting a yacht charter broker who has unrivalled knowledge about the specifications of each yacht in the charter fleet, crew insight and availability.
It’s important you choose a yacht charter company who is excited about your wedding charter – this is your big day! If the company – and broker – are enthusiastic then they will source the perfect yacht and crew that will make your wedding a memorable occasion.
A yacht charter for a wedding comprises many elements beyond just food, décor, crew and a venue. Don’t hesitate to ask your yacht charter broker any questions around fuel, dockage, taxes, yacht delivery fees and cancellation policies.
Your special day on a yacht
It goes without saying that Bespoke Yacht Charter would bend over backwards to fulfil your wedding charter expectations – but we thought we’d ask a wedding expert for their opinion.
Monique Trulove, is the owner of French Wedding Style, a Top 100 Wedding Blog featured previously in Elle Magazine and dedicated to advice and information regarding French-styled weddings and destination weddings in France.
What makes a wedding on a luxury yacht so unique?
There are many advantages to getting married on board a luxury yacht, but one of the most unique is the sense of elite adventure that being on a yacht provides. It is a chance to make your wedding one that your wedding guests will be talking about for years.
Why is a destination wedding that incorporates a luxury yacht ideal for pre or post-ceremony use as well?
What can be better than getting married and then sailing or cruising off into the sunset with your guests to celebrate your wedding day? Luxury yachts provide such versatility for your wedding celebrations – they really are the perfect wedding venue!
What one piece of advice would you give a bride and groom on selecting a yacht for their wedding?
Approach choosing the yacht for your wedding just like you would a traditional wedding venue, make sure it can accommodate your needs and then let your heart lead you to fall in love with the dream location to hold your yacht wedding.
Bespoke Yacht Charter can also facilitate options for the following:
- Pre or post-wedding charters for family and friends with service crew, watersports equipment and sun loungers for leisure.
- Honeymoon yacht charters in stunning locations including (but not limited to) French Riviera, Corsica, Amalfi Coast, Sardinian beaches, Greek Islands and Croatia.
- Luxury yacht charters that provide a magical location for engagement proposals or renewing your vows.
We would like to extend a thank you to Monique Trulove for participating in this article.
This article was written by Rebecca Whitlocke, who with over 10 years travel industry experience loves to share ‘must-do’ destination tips and hidden spots to discover in France and beyond.
To discuss your yacht wedding charter requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact: